Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I Like

Tonight, after I arrived home and awoke Phoebe from bed, she found out I was home early from school because I had flunked out again. She became very upset about that. I did not want to break the news about my early arrival to her, but she is very smart for her age and figured it out on her own. She kept shaking her head at me and telling me that dad was going to kill me, which he was. Who WOULDN'T kill their kid for flunking out of ANOTHER school. But man, that made me feel lousy, the way she just gave me that disapproving response to the news and kept saying, "daddy is going to kill you." I tried to explain to her that I did not even like that school anyway, that it was all for phonies and that there was not anything good about it, which is true. Pencey is a goddamn lousy school. Phoebe looked at me for a long time, and told me that I didn't like anything. I inisted that was not true, but in the end I could not think of anything that I really like. I thought of those nuns, the ones collecting money, and of that castle boy who fell out the window. But what I do like for sure, is Allie. It is a good question though. What else do I like? Maybe I should go for therapy, and share what I think about things with other people. I found this website where I can find therapists where I live and go to 'group sessions.' I dont know what those are, but they sound phony as hell. www.goodtherapy.org/group-therapy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment