Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sally and New York

I'm starting to think that I'm as much of a phony as people like Stradlater, or anyone else I have accused of being one. Today I went on my date with Sally, if you want to call it a date. It was more like a time killer, biding up until the dreadful moment where I have to finally go home and face my parents. But anyway, let me tell you about it.


Sally looked as attractive as ever, but that was not enough to take away the fact that she is a major pain in the ass. After listening to her talk to her phony friend that she 'knew from somewhere,' since she always knows people, and after seeing the sickening movie, she wanted to go ice skating. After we did that, we headed inside to sit down where I embarrased myself as usual by asking for a drink and getting rejected right in front of Sally. I wanted to run away with her, I really did for some reason at the moment. She said that it woul be good to do after I got through college, if we were to get married, which are two things I will not be doing. I insisted we should leave when we were young otherwise things would be different later on, but she continued to say no. And another thing, she kept telling me I was too goddamn loud, and then when I talked quieter she said she could not hear me, man what a pain in the ass she is. I told her that too, right to her face. Then she responded to that by crying, it made me feel awful bad and a little scared too. She has a big burly father, and if he heard about this then I thought he might come and give me trouble or something like that. So after insisting on alpogizing, I left her crying there. She did not want me to bring her home anyway.


In the end, I am a phony, and not just a phony but a crazy phony at that. I go out with a girl I can't stand, ask her to run away with me, and stay in a place (New York) that I insist I hate. The reason I say I'm staying there is not true either, I said it was bacuse of Sally, but in the end I make her cry.

Then i call up someone else, a guy I had met in school and called a phony to his face, and I ask he wants to go out and have an intellectual conversation. That's another story though........


Here's what new York looks like this time of year. It's so cold and awful, and there are so many people. Just look at it, this is where we went ice skating.






1 comment:

  1. Spencer,

    Can you please add in the corresponding chapter numbers with your posts.

    Thanks,
    Mrs. Forstrom

    ReplyDelete