Popular Posts

Monday, April 4, 2011

Religion

Today while I was killing time beofore my date with Sally, I ran into these two nuns at lunch. They carried a wicker basket around with them that they used to collect donations. I did not want to be a bad soul or looked down upon by God for not giving them any money, so I donated ten dollars from my shrinking wad of cash that I have been carry around with me since iI left Pencey. It really proves something I said before, which is the fact that I dont know to spend money wisely. Meeting with the nuns got me to thinking about my religion again. At first I was worried that they were going to ask me if I was a catholic, but luckily they did not. People who are cathloics always think it is better to talk with someone who is a catholic themselves. After I had been talking to them for a long time, I thought about my own faith in God and how he never seemed to be on my side. He took my brother Allie for starters, and everything has gone wrong since I left school and headed for the hotel. I've been beaten by Stradlater, beaten by an elevator boy, and had no one to talk to, no where to go, and nothing to do.I've had to resort to going out with Sally. When I tried to pray the night I has the encounter with Sunny and Maurice, I couldnt even manage to do so. Maybe my life needs a purpose, and God could help me more once it does. I have indeed said bad things about religon before, but nothing TOO bad I don't think. Yet maybe I would do better in school if I had more faith and did less bad deeds like going to night clubs and the such. It's a ticky thing religion, yes indeed. I included this picture of a cross. It's a religous symbol after all. www.catholicpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment